This position will lead the algorithm development task on various research or client-facing topics. The role is expected to be a thought leader of the company on algorithm development. The position will work closely with the data analyst and lead technical conversations with clients from world leading NGOs, thinktanks, and environmental service agencies.
● Develop and improve natural language processing, network intelligence and other machine learning models for various research and client-facing projects.
● Organize and conduct model training, testing and other machine learning activities.
● Conduct statistical analyses of data and research for scientific publications, project briefs, and other communication materials (e.g., blogs, conference briefs).
● Collaborate with external research partners, in close coordination with counterparts
● Present publicly both internally and externally about our latest technical research.
● Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
● Graduate of a master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., statistics, data science, or other related degree).
● 5 years of experience in machine learning, predictive modeling and other related data science research work.
● Strong understanding of natural language processing (NLP) is a must.
● Programming in Python a must.
● Strong analytical skills with a “can-do” spirit.
● Superior research, and communication abilities.
● Strong motivation to solve new challenges.
● Independent judgment and creativity.
● Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with diverse skillsets.
● Time management, organization, attention to detail, and general professionalism are essential.
● An excitement and willingness to further improve all of these skills.
● Demonstrated potential for professional and academic leadership.
To apply, please send us your CV plus cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.