We are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer to join our team. This position will primarily support the team’s effort to develop a environmental database based on open-source intelligence technology that will support future standardization of the information in the industry. This role is expected to need strong leadership in technical thinking to guide the design and development of the database.
● Data collection, cleaning, and harmonization.
● Design and develop client-facing database tools.
● Performing regular updates and maintenance of our database.
● Collaborating with external research partners, in close coordination with counterparts.
● Presenting publicly both internally and externally about the our ongoing work.
● Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
● Graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s degree program plus work experience in a relevant field (e.g., computer science, data science, information system or other related degree).
● Programming in Python a must.
● 3+ years of working knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases
● Strong analytical skills.
● Experience in developing or managing enterprise analytics solutions a plus.
● Familiarity with at least one of the following disciplines: statistics or data science, economics, political science, policy studies, computer programming, environmental studies, or environmental sciences. An understanding of climate change and carbon accounting is a plus.
● Strong organizational and project management skills.
● Independent judgment and creativity.
● Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with diverse skillsets.
● An excitement and willingness to further improve all of these skills.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation (both in PDF format ideally) to email@example.com