This position will primarily support the team with data analysis and algorithm development. It will build on foundational work the team has developed on the use of distributed ledger technology and digitally-enabled solutions for tracking data from public resource. The position will work closely with clients from world leading NGOs, thinktanks, and environmental service agencies on a variety of tasks in data science.
● Data collection, cleaning, and harmonization, primarily supporting our existing database, R package and python-based web scraping tools.
● Performing regular updates and maintenance of our database
● Conducting statistical analyses of data and research for scientific publications, policy memos and briefs, and outreach materials (e.g., blogs, popular writing).
● Collaborating with external research partners, in close coordination with counterparts
● Presenting publicly both internally and externally about our latest research.
● Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
● Graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s degree program plus work experience in a relevant field (e.g., statistics, data science, or other related degree).
● Programming in Python or R a must.
● Strong analytical skills with a “can-do” spirit.
● Superior research, and communication abilities.
● Familiarity with at least one of the following disciplines: statistics or data science, economics, political science, policy studies, computer programming, environmental studies, or environmental sciences. An understanding of climate change and carbon accounting is a plus.
● Experience in project management.
● Independent judgment and creativity.
● Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with diverse skillsets.
● Time management, organization, attention to detail, and general professionalism are essential.
● An excitement and willingness to further improve all of these skills.
● Demonstrated potential for professional and academic leadership.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation (both in PDF format ideally) to email@example.com